Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Holiday Fever

I'd like to comment on the lack of excitement that is the Tucson holiday season. In other cities and states I think that the holiday fever begins to set in a little sooner. This has a lot to do with the change in weather that is subtle here, compared to most parts of the country. And, though I am glad to be spared three plus months of dreary and drab, I'll be so glad to visit Indianapolis in a couple of weeks.
Another very important thing that is really making most be glad this time of year is their ability to cheer on their professional home sports team. We don't have one. Though the Cardinals are technically the Arizona Cardinals, they are formally the Phoenix Cardinals and therefore shunned by the bitter locals who dare the owners to let one city support the team.
So, with that being said, GO COLTS! I can't wait to go to Indy and feel that Colts fever as I drive through downtown and as I watch the Seahawks game from the comfort of my parents Indianapolis living room. (Or maybe my uncle's?) Anyway, Hoosiers, enjoy your holiday fever. Hopefully it can keep you warm for a little while longer.
P.S. Shout out to the driver of the truck (Jerry?) that delivered to my work today. He showed up with a Colts hat on. Turns out he's from Connersville.

No comments: