Saturday, December 17, 2005

Buenos Dias

Good Morning. I just read an article in American Baby Magazine's December edition that said that sometime between 10 to 12 months B will 'begin to lose the ability to hear all possible sounds in any language.' This is because she is already specialized in her native tongue. As I read this I was feeling kind of guilty because, although I have spoken some Spanish to her, it has definitely not been enough to make a difference, just a few words here and there.
It is my hope that she will have a desire to learn Spanish as she gets older. I just don't feel comfortable enough with my own knowledge of the language to have her learn from me. Hopefully, the little groundwork that I've already laid will help encourage her to learn later in life...since, it's too late now. Posted by Picasa

No comments: