Friday, May 05, 2006

Wahoo!

Well, wish me luck. I got the promotion that I was vying for. I feel an extreme sense of relief. I know that I deserve it and that I am capable of doing a better job at my new restaurant than what I am able to do now. I was told by my regional that all of the selling points I had used to describe myself in my interview with him he had already been told by both my incoming and my outgoing General Managers. This really made me feel very good and confident about my future in this field.
I think that the other location will be suited really well for me. I'm looking forward to going back there as that is where I started when I first moved to Tucson. The sales are a lot higher, which is the right kind of 'stress' under which I like to work on a more frequent basis. The location is WAY closer to the house, more time with B and less $moo-la$ on gas ($3.00 gal.). And, it's a promotion which will guarantee me a raise when review time comes, and virtually guarantees that I'll get hired wherever I apply come next year.
I'm kind of nervous but very, very ready so wish me luck!

No comments: