Sunday, March 12, 2006

How does it feel?

I've been asked this, or some variation of this, many times in the past couple of days. How does it feel to be a married woman? Do you feel any different? How's married life treatin' ya'? Typical questions, I'm sure. You get the picture. Anyway, I always respond that it's great, and it is. But, the truth is, and I suppose this is a good thing, I don't feel much different than I did before.

I do like that people see me as a committed person who is happy with her family and the choices that she's made in life. Also, one difference is that I really enjoy being able to call Mike my husband. As a twenty- something (round to thirty) Mother who is already beginning to build her career, it always felt a little silly to call Mike my boyfriend and I never cared for the word fiance.

All in all saying that it feels great is the correct answer to these questions. Although, I don't think this means I feel any different.

No comments: